Trikuteswara Temple

Trikuteswara Temple

In the Trikuteswara shrine there are three shrines dedicated to Kamaleshwara, Hachaleswara and Pallaveswara present in the temple premises. This temple dedicated to three Gods dates back to 1255 AD and because of the presence of three Gods the temple got the name as Trikuteswara. This triple shrine has a common mukha-mandapa (the main pillared hall or covered veranda in a temple), with each temple on the south, west and north of the mukha mandapam. A four pillared Mandapa houses a stone Nandi, hence the name "Nandi Mandapa", in the sabha-mandapa (Public Hall) of the temple.